Washington DC Glasses that Adapt to Light
Transitions lenses, also known as photochromic, do exactly what their name states: they transition between different lighting conditions. These specialized lenses function as all-in-one glasses for all your activities, both indoor and outdoor. Instead of switching back and forth between eyeglasses and sunglasses, Transitions lenses allow you to see clearly in bright sunlight, dim conditions, and everything in between. They also protect your delicate eyes from dangerous UV rays. What more could you want from a pair of Washington DC glasses?
To fit your favorite frames with photochromic Transitions lenses, please visit our Washington DC glasses store. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff will help you decide if these convenient lenses are a good match for your lifestyle and vision.
Eyewear that Reacts to Your Life
Transitions lenses are engineered to react to ultraviolet rays by darkening. So when you head outdoors, they will detect a change in your lighting conditions and the lenses will become tinted. Once you return indoors or stay outside past sunset, your eyeglasses lenses will return to their original clear and transparent state. The process takes about 30 seconds for your lenses to darken or return to clear.
Why don’t the lenses darken in response to bright indoor lighting? Because artificial lighting has a shorter wavelength, and photochromic glasses are not programmed to respond to it.
Types of Transitions Lenses
Today’s contemporary lifestyle places many varied demands on our patients’ glasses in Washington DC. Therefore, Transitions lenses come in different types to keep up:
- Original Transitions lenses: the ideal substitute for clear lenses, which allows you to forget about always toting around a pair of sunglasses everywhere you go
- Transitions XTRActive lenses: these glasses always have a slight tint for people spend a lot of time going in and out constantly, but they darken even more as you stay outdoors
- SOLFX Transitions lenses: these special performance lenses feature a high-tech dynamic composition that adjusts both darkness and color, thereby improving your performance during outdoor sports
See the Advantages of Transitions Lenses
- Comfortable vision; no need to squint in the sun
- They reduce eye fatigue normally caused by glare
- Convenience – you won’t have to carry around sunglasses
- Better eye health – built-in UV protection protects your eyes from an increased risk of ocular disease
- Economical – you only need to purchase one pair of prescription glasses in our Washington DC optical store
- Versatile – can be used for single vision, bifocal, and progressive lenses
Visit our Washington DC glasses collection to purchase your new eyewear, and ask our optical staff how Transitions lenses can help you!